Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR) and Square Inc (NYSE: SQ) CEO Jack Dorsey has actually revealed on Twitter that Square’s brand-new department TBD plans to build a decentralized exchange concentrated on Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC).
- The brand-new department will be a subsidiary of Square and will be focused on developing an open designer platform.
- Dorsey was reacting to Mike Brock’s tweet, who is the head of the TBD effort.
- Brock tweeted, “There’s been a great deal of speculation about what TBD is and isn’t. Over the last couple of weeks, our group has been identifying what requires to be determined. We wanted to share our direction lastly, and we have some concerns.”
- Brock kept in mind that the Lightning Network (LN) fixes scalability concerns in payments, however a similar facilities is required to trade properties on the Bitcoin network.
- In July, Jack Dorsey stated the company was developing an “open-source platform” to deliver BTC-centric monetary services.
- Recently, Dorsey selected cryptocurrency designer and personal privacy veteran Jay Graber to lead efforts to build a decentralized social networks network dubbed Bluesky.
- He was just recently crucial of competing Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) and other coins on their starting concepts, security, and centralization.
- Last month Dorsey pulled an Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk-style move as he backed joke cryptocurrency Hamstercoin, causing Hamster (CRYPTO: HAM) to increase its price vertiginously.
Sign up with ZINGERNATION and earn ZING, a new cryptocurrency we released intended to reward members as we develop a community to find and share terrific trading and investing chances. Download the mobile app now, available on iOS and Android.
Click here, or sign up for our newsletter to check out more of Benzinga’s Cryptocurrency market coverage, in-depth coin analysis, data, and reporting.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not supply financial investment guidance. All rights scheduled.