By: Ofir Beigel|Last upgraded: 1/7/21
Bitcoin has actually taken over the cryptocurrency market. It’s the largest and most well-known digital currency today. Numerous big companies are accepting Bitcoin as a genuine source of funds. This post will cover them all.
Who Accepts Bitcoin Summary
A 2020 survey by HSB reveals that 36% of small-medium organizations in the United States accept Bitcoin. The most popular business accepting Bitcoin payments around the world today are:
Or, you can utilize this search engine that allows you to look for vendors by products.
If you desire a detailed list of business who accept Bitcoin continue reading. Here’s what I’ll cover:
- Major Companies who Accept Bitcoin
- Shops that Accept Bitcoin
- Frequently Asked Concerns
1. Significant Business Who Accepts Bitcoin as Payment
Wikimedia, the company that operates the world’s biggest open-source encyclopedia, Wikipedia, accepts donations in Bitcoin. Payment is done through BitPay.
The company allows the usage of Bitcoin to top up your Microsoft account. In the past, the company stopped its acceptance of cryptocurrency but soon after resumed their service.
AT&T is the very first major U.S. mobile provider to provide a cryptocurrency payment option to clients through BitPay.
According to regional news reports, Hamburger King outlets in Venezuela announced a collaboration with Cryptobuyer to accept cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment. Consumers can pay in Bitcoin, Dash, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Tether.
Furthermore, the German branch of Burger King has actually started accepting Bitcoin on its website and mobile app on September 3, 2019. Nevertheless, this was more of a marketing trick that doesn’t allow you to buy at an actual brick and mortar shop.
You can just pay with Bitcoins and Bitcoin Cash by ordering shipment online through the Lieferservice shipment service, which works with restaurants throughout the nation.
KFC Canada decided to accept Bitcoin for a limited time in exchange for the “Bitcoin Container”. The company processed payment through BitPay and the container was to be provided directly to the consumer’s house address.
Overstock, a well-known American online merchant that offers big-ticket items at lower costs due to overstocking, partnered with Coinbase in order to enable Bitcoin payments for their online orders.
Several Subway branches accept (or used to accept, the present status is unidentified) Bitcoin as payment for their sandwiches. You can see an example in this video:
Twitch Amazon owned leading video game streaming platform accepts Bitcoin and Bitcoin Money as payment for its services. The business removed this option on March 2019 however then re-enabled it in June.
Since November 2020, the huge pizza franchise Pizza Hut can be now acquired and paid for with Bitcoin in Venezuela. This is following the economic sanctions troubled the country that drove cryptocurrency approval to new heights. While this step is far from being worldwide, it could be an indicator of things to come.
The Miami Dolphins mean to provide home game participants the ability to pay with Litecoin and Bitcoin when acquiring tickets for the team’s 50/50 raffle, where half of the proceeds benefit the Miami Dolphins Foundation and its charitable causes.
The Dallas Mavericks now accept Bitcoin as a method of payment for both game tickets and merchandise. BitPay will process all Bitcoin payments through the team’s site.
Richard Branson business that consists of Virgin Mobile and Virgin Airlines allows you to spend for area travel with Bitcoins.
Norwegian Air Shuttle (Norwegian), Scandinavia’s biggest airline company and Europe’s third-largest budget airline company, prepares to offer a payment solution enabling consumers to spend for tickets with cryptocurrency.
Among the leading domain registrants start accepting Bitcoin back in 2013 considering that it has been asked for by the company’s tech audience.
An American online travel agency, developed in 1989 has started accepting Bitcoin through Coinbase and later changed their payment processor to BTCPayServer.
Purchase & send out present cards online for merchants like Amazon, Starbucks, and iTunes. The business accepts Bitcoin as payment with no additional costs.
An online merchant of products including computer hardware and customer electronic devices. The business is one of the first to accept Bitcoin payment.
The Internet Archive
A San Francisco– based not-for-profit digital library with the specified mission of “universal access to all knowledge” accepts Bitcoin contributions. Its web archive, the Wayback Maker, includes hundreds of billions of web catches.
The Pirate Bay
An online index of digital content of home entertainment media and software. The site accepts Bitcoin and cryptocurrency contributions considering that 2013.
A precious website among crypto users, 4Chan is an imageboard website. Users typically post anonymously, with the most current posts appearing above the rest.
4chan is divided into various boards with their own specific content and guidelines. Registration is not possible. The site accepts Bitcoin, Bitcoin Money, Ethereum, and Litecoin as payment for a 4Chan pass.
A cloud storage and file hosting service released on January 19, 2013, by Kim Dotcom, who had previously founded Megaupload. The website accepts Bitcoin for account upgrades.
Amazon (not straight)
While Amazon, the greatest online merchant today, doesn’t accept Bitcoin directly you can use Purse.io to shop for anything on the site and pay with Bitcoin. The site connects people who have Bitcoin and want to purchase on Amazon with individuals who wish to get Bitcoin in return for fulfilling an order.
One of the largest virtual private network service that permits you to browse online securely and privately. ExpressVPN is a subscription-based service that accepts Bitcoin.
Sport Lisboa e Benfica, commonly referred to as Benfica is an incredibly popular sports club based in Lisbon Portugal. The company accepts Bitcoin for game tickets and merchandise.
1. Stores that Accept Bitcoin as Payment
Aside from the huge business I have actually discussed in the previous chapter, there are many small and medium companies (SMBs) that accept Bitcoin also.
- Alza– Largest Czech online merchant
- Option Airlines– A flight-search site that provides methods to book flights using a range of cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin.Travel– a travel website that supplies lodging, apartments, destinations, and so on
- . Pembury Tavern– A bar in London, England
- Old Fitzroy– A pub in Sydney, Australia
- The Pink Cow– A diner in Tokyo, Japan
- Zynga– Mobile gaming
- EZTV– Torrents TV reveals provider
- Lumfile– Free cloud base file server– spend for premium services
- Etsy Vendors– 93 of them
- PizzaForCoins.com– Domino’s Pizza registered– pay for their pizza with bitcoins
- Bitcoincoffee.com– Buy your favorite coffee online
- Turf Hill Alpacas– A local farm in Haydenville, MA
- Jeffersons Store– A streetwear clothes store in Bergenfield, N.J
- Helen’s Pizza– Jersey City, N.J., you can get a slice of pizza for bitcoin.
- A Class Limo– Select you up and drop you off at Newark (N.J.) Airport
- Seoclerks.com– Get SEO work done on your site inexpensive
- Fancy.com– Discover incredible stuff, gather the things you enjoy, buy it all in one place
- Humblebundle.com– Indie video game site
- BigFishGames.com– Games for PC, Mac, and Smart devices (iPhone, Android, Windows)
- Suntimes.com– Chicago based online newspaper
- San Jose Earthquakes– San Jose California Specialist Soccer Group (MLS)
- Crowdtilt.com– The fastest and easiest method to pool funds with family and friends
- Lumfile– Server business that provides totally free cloud-based servers
- Museum of the Coastal Bend– 2200 East Red River Street, Victoria, Texas 77901, USA
- Gap, GameStop and JC Penney– have to utilize eGifter.com
- Fight for the Future– Leading company finding for Web flexibility
- i-Pmart (ipmart.com.my)– A Malaysian online cellphone and electronic parts merchant
- Curryupnow.com– An overall of 12 restaurants on the list of restaurants accept bitcoins in San Francisco
- Meal Network — An American direct-broadcast satellite provider
- The Libertarian Celebration– United States political party
- Yacht-base. com– Croatian yacht charter company
- Euro Pacific– A significant rare-earth element dealership
- CEX– The trade-in chain has a shop in Glasgow, Scotland that accepts bitcoin
- Straub Car Repair Works– 477 Warburton Ave, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706–( 914) 478-1177
- PSP Mollie– Dutch Payment Service
- Intuit– an American software application business that establishes monetary and tax preparation software.
- ShopJoy– An Australian online merchant that offers novelty and distinct gifts
- Lv.net– Las Vegas high-speed web services
- Grooveshark– Online music streaming service based in the United States
- MIT Cage Store– Massachusetts Institute of Innovation trainee bookstore
- SimplePay– Nigeria’s most popular web and mobile-based wallet service
- SFU bookstore — Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada
- State Republican Party– First State Republican politician Celebration to accept bitcoin contributions
- mspinc.com– Respiratory medical devices products save
- Shopify.com– An online store that allows anyone to sell their items
- Famsa– Mexico’s biggest merchant
- Naughty America– Adult entertainment provider
- Mexico’s Universidad de las Américas Puebla– A significant university in Mexico
- MovieTickets.com– Online movie ticket exchange/retailer
- Dream Fan– Online relationship service
- Rakuten– A Japanese e-commerce giant
- Badoo– Online dating network
- RE/MAX London– UK-based franchisee of the worldwide realty network
- T-Mobile Poland– T-Mobile’s Poland-based mobile phone top-up business
- Stripe– San Francisco-based payments business
- WebJet– Online travel agency
- Green Man Gaming– Popular digital video game reseller
- Save the Kid — Worldwide charity organization
- NCR Silver– Point of sales systems
- One Shot Hotels– Spanish hotel chain
- Coupa Café in Palo Alto
- PureVPN– VPN company
- That’s my face– produce action figures
- Foodler– North American dining establishment shipment business
- Amagi Metals– Rare-earth element furnisher
While numerous business are really delighted to let us know when they start accepting Bitcoin they do not trouble to upgrade if they stop. Therefore this list can be somewhat outdated, so take it with a grain of salt.
Additional SMBs that accept Bitcoin can be discovered here and here. Also, many individuals have actually begun marketing their SMBs in the remark section of this page.
3. Often Asked Questions
Can Bitcoin be Converted to Cash?
Yes, you can transform Bitcoin to cash at a Bitcoin ATM or through a Bitcoin exchange.
Does Amazon Accept Bitcoin?
No. You can’t pay with Bitcoins on Amazon. However, you can purchase stuff on Amazon indirectly with Bitcoin by using Purse.io
Does Microsoft Still Accept Bitcoin?
Yes. According to the upgraded regards to service of Microsoft, they still accept Bitcoin, though there is a fine print which is essential to check out.
Does Starbucks Accept Bitcoin?
No. Starbucks does not accept Bitcoin.
Do Hotels Accept Bitcoin?
In basic, hotels do not accept Bitcoin. In the past, Expedia has actually accepted Bitcoin for travel bookings, however that activity ceased at some point around June 2018.
What Can I Purchase with Bitcoin?
Today it’s possible to buy almost anything with Bitcoin through using Bitcoin debit cards. These cards are provided by Visa or Mastercard and can be packed with funds by means of Bitcoin.
Does Expedia Still Accept Bitcoin?
No, Expedia silently stopped accepting Bitcoin in 2018.
Does eBay Accept Bitcoin?
No. eBay does not permit Bitcoin as a payment method.
While not a great deal of locations accept Bitcoin straight, it’s clear to see that the adoption of Bitcoin as a payment method is increasing with each year.
So while we still have a long method to go until business will accept Bitcoin directly and not through payment processors or Bitcoin debit cards, you can discover big brand names like Microsoft, AT&T, and Overstock that have actually currently taken an action in the best instructions.
Do you understand of any service that accepts bitcoin as payment and is not noted on this page? Do not hesitate to share it in the comment area below.